Who Is ICON
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The award-winning firm of ICON architecture/planning, llc. of which I am the Principal Architect, has been successfully involved in the design of projects for the past 30 years.
Our business philosophy is based upon providing thorough information, accuracy and integrity of design, combined with reliable personal service to our clients. This office employs the latest technology in Internet communications, real time 3D modeling, Computer Aided Design (CAD), Energy Analysis, Cost Analysis, and Proven CSI Specifications and Scheduling Systems, which provide you with the highest quality documents and services available at equitable fees.
Our design team consists of professionals focused on value engineering and they have a broad scope of experience in residential and commercial projects. We strive to provide personal, efficient, courteous service and cost efficient solutions and we are prepared to serve you with every diligence that I'm sure you will expect.
I sincerely look forward to further discussions regarding your project at your earliest possible convenience.
If you have any questions, or if I may be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dan L. Goodrich AIA
- General business liability
- Workman's compensation
- Design errors and omission – additional insured
Code of Experience
- Uniform Building, Fire, Plumbing and National Electric Codes
- FHA / HUD/ A.D.A.-A.G. / ANSI A117.1 / CAL/ABL
- City of Portland, OR Planning and Building Codes including outlying areas
- City of Los Angeles, CA Planning and Building Codes including outlying areas
- City of Seattle, WA Planning and Building Codes including outlying areas
- City of Medford, OR Planning and Zoning Codes
- City of Fargo, ND Planning and Zoning Codes
- City of Honolulu, HI Planning and Zoning Codes
- City of Butte, MT Planning and Zoning Codes
- City of Helena, MT. Planning and Zoning Codes
- State of California Coastal and Energy Commissions, Administrative Code Titles 19 & 24
- International One and Two Family Dwelling Code
- State of Washington Administrative Codes Title 51
- States of Oregon, Washington, California, Montana, North Dakota Health Care Licensing codes.
Please see project references for other locations.
Dan Goodrich Experience
An award winning Architect which strives to find the right design solution within complicated parameters. He takes pride in his personal service as he satisfies the requirements, budget constraints and serves the primary focus of his client while maintaining the integrity of the architecture. He has the breadth of 30 years of national experience in distinctive unique architectural projects ranging from Health Care, Retirement, Hospitality, Commercial Office and Retail, Restaurant, Multi-Family Residential and Private Residences.
- Registered Architect: Oregon: 3565, Washington: 6759 California: C16784, Montana: 1980, North Dakota: 1305, Texas: 20137
- Registered with NCARB. National Council of Architectural Registration Board
- Corporate Member, American Institute of Architects, Portland, Oregon Chapter
- Former Director, American Institute of Architects, Cabrillo Chapter
- Member of the Portland Museum of Fine Arts
- Member of the Construction Specifications Institute
- LEED certification – in progress
Professional Awards and Publications:
- U.S. Commerce Association, Best of Lake Oswego, Architects - 2011
- Northwest Construction: Top Design firm 2003 and 2008
- American Concrete Institute Design Awards, 2003
Providence St. Vincent Hospital Radiation Oncology Expansion, Portland, Oregon
- Featured Architect for design excellence, 2003
The Street of Dreams, Portland, Oregon
- American Concrete Institute Design Awards, 2002
Providence Health Systems Parking Structure, Portland, Oregon
- Southern California Edison Design for Excellence Awards, 1989.
Sunny Crest Animal Care Center, Fullerton, California.
- Architectural Design Excellence Award
Presented by the Office of the Mayor, City of Redondo Beach, California, 1988.
- Feature article for design excellence
Los Angeles Times Magazine, Los Angeles, California, 1988
- Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc)
960 East 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013 Awarded student honors in architecture and granted a scholarship to complete studies in Europe Awarded Bachelor of Architecture Degree with undergraduate studies in Structural Engineering
- Mount Hood Community College
2600 Southeast Stark Street, Gresham, Oregon 90730 Appointed Student Advisor for the Architectural Division upon graduation. Awarded Associate Degree in Architectural Technology with emphasis on Structural Engineering.
- Adjunct Instructor: SCI-Arc, Portland State University and Mt. Hood Community College
- Architectural and Structural applications of the IRC and IBC uniform construction codes
|Design Phase||Project Programming|
|Schematic Design Phase|
|Design Development Phase||Time and Materials to a maximum|
|Contract Document Phase||Plan preparation|
|Consultant coordination||Fixed fee|
|Construction Phase||Bidding and negotiations|
|Project close out||Time and Materials|
|Post Construction||Time and Materials|
|Facilities as-built records||Time and Materials|
All levels of service are negotiable and will be estimated for a stipulated cost agreement if requested.